EGGLESS PARSI MAWA CAKE
Eggless Parsi Mawa Cake is one of a kind cake predominately made using Mawa or Khoya which makes it soft and pillowy and the nuts gives it a perfect crunch. Mawa cake is a perfect dense tea time cake and is loved by all.
Once the Mawa Cake batter is in the oven you can barely resist the aroma. Try out this perfect Eggless Mawa Cake recipe which requires only a few ingredients easily available at home.
A Mawa cake can be made in different variations as well.You can add a few saffron strands or Thandai Powder to the cake batter and give it a different taste altogether.
Following is the recipe for EGGLESS PARSI MAWA CAKE.
All Purpose Flour (Maida)- 1 Cup
Mawa/ Khoya/ evaporated milk- 1/2 Cup
Powdered Sugar- 1/2 Cup
Whole Milk- 1/2 Cup
Butter- 1/2 Cup + 1 tbsp.
Baking Powder- 1/2 tsp.
Baking Soda- 1/4 tsp.
Cardamom Powder- 1/2 tsp.
Chopped Almonds- 1/4 Cup
Chopped Walnuts- 1/4 Cup
1. Add Mawa/ Khoya/ evaporated milk and Whole Milk in a jar and blend it.
2. Beat Sugar and Butter in a bowl.
3. Add Mawa- Milk mixture to the bowl and mix well.
4. Sieve Maida, Baking Powder, Baking Soda in Butter- Sugar- Mawa mixture.
5. Then add in the Cardamom Powder, Chopped Almonds and Chopped Walnuts. Mix and fold gently.
6. Add 1/4 cup milk.
7. Pour the batter in the greased and lined baking tin. Spread it evenly.
8. Sprinkle chopped nuts and tap the cake tin.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes @180° or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Happy Baking 🙂