EGGLESS ORANGE CAKE.
December is already here and undoubtedly its the best time of the year. This Holiday month with all its Christmas preparations and this chill in the air is making us oh-so happy. And yes what’s Christmas without some sweet treats. So yeah we will be sharing some of our favourite eggless baking recipes with you guys, and to begin with we have an EGGLESS ORANGE CAKE. This Orange Cake is dense cake topped generously with dark chocolate ganache and chopped pisatchios. The Bitter sweet chocolate ganache combined with a slightly tangy orange flavoured cake and the crunch from pistachios is giving this orange cake a perfect balance (believe me chocolate and orange is a match made in heaven). Although its an Eggless Orange Cake but it is nowhere less than any regular orange cake. So, lets get started with our Eggless Orange Cake.
Following is the recipe for EGGLESS ORANGE CAKE.
All purpose flour- 2cups (200gms.)
Baking Soda- 1tsp.
Baking Powder- 1/2tsp.
Powdered Sugar- 1cup
Butter – 1cup
Orange Essence- 1/2tsp. Or Orange zest- 1tsp.
Orange Colour- 1/2tsp.
Milk or and Orange Drink – Accordingly.
1. Sieve together all Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt in a bowl.
2. Now in a seperate bowl beat butter and sugar together and add colour and Essence/ zest into the mixture. Mix them in one direction.
3. Now add in the flour mixture and milk/orange drink alternatively into the butter mixture and Combine well.
4. Line and grease a small mould with parchment paper and butter.
5. Add in the batter and tap the cake tin to remove the air bubbles.
6. Bake for 35-40 mins @ 180°C in a pre-heated oven or till the time a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7.Frost the cake with chocolate ganache (which is nothing but a combination of chocolate and cream in the ratio of 2:1 ) and chopped pistachios .
Happy Baking. 😊